1. Its got a fantastic proven hull shape, based on a romany classic (the top selling kayak of all time)
2. A proper wire skeg as fitted to all SKUK kayaks as standard, but because it’s an NDK kayak its designed so that you only need it in relatively high winds and not as compensation for poor design.
3. Proper fitted day hatch rim makes access to your most important items easy.
4. Fibreglass cockpit rim, increases the kayaks stiffness and makes it much easier to fit any quality spraydeck to, also keeps weight down.
5. Fibreglass performance seat, for the same reasons as above but aids better forward paddling skills by allowing you to use your legs and not create friction between your bum and the seat which breaks down even gortex in time (wet bum in your drysuit?)
6. Proper metal footpegs! the plastic offerings used by other manufacturers are terrible, worse case they break when pressure is applied but generally they are springy which reduces the effectiveness of your forward paddling and make manoeuvring more challenging.
7. Solid multi thickness of quality plastic, other manufacturers use triple layer for good reason, the lamination stiffens their design, it reduces the weight, and more importantly it reduces THEIR cost, but if it cracks it can be virtually impossible to effectively repair because the external skin (the decent bit) is way too thin and water penetrates between the layers making it very difficult dry out and weld. White water kayaks are solid plastic for a reason! and were still over £200 cheaper than other manufacturers!
8. Easy ability to outfit and adjust to suit most body shapes.if you purchase from SSK then you will get basic outfitting for free!
9. Single cord carry toggles which stop fingers from becoming trapped in an ever tightening loop, especially bad for a swimmer in rough water but also surf landings, the single cord is exactly the same strength as the loop! it sounds awesome when your surfing 🙂
10, 100mm bulkheads, yep thats 100mm 2 pieces of 50mm foam securely glued in and together make this tough and fully waterproof.
There are many more reasons, if you need to know more, then why not come and see this amazing kayak or its big brother the Romany Sport at Southern Sea Kayaks.